I study the causes and consequences of living standards, poverty, inequality, mobility, employment, economic growth, social policy, taxes, public opinion, politics, and more in the United States and other affluent countries.
Ten quick links
- “America’s employment problem”
- “Why the Surge in Income Inequality?”
- Interview with “The Politics Guys” on social democracy, big government, and more
- The Good Society
- How Big Should Our Government Be?
- Social Democratic America
- Wonkblog interview on social democracy and the 2016 election
- “Is income inequality harmful?”
- “America is exceptional … and ordinary”
- My CV
Professor of Sociology and Yankelovich Chair in Social Thought
University of California San Diego